Wedding Officiant



  Legal Information














Sara Monika Photographer

Who is allowed to marry you?
Individuals intending to be married by a religious official should ask the Official if he or she is registered with Ontario as a person authorized to solemnize marriages.
For your marriage to be legal, there must be a registered officiant involved with the ceremony.

Apply for the Marriage Licence
To be married in Ontario, you must fill out a marriage licence application form. You can get that form from your municipal office or download the form: Marriage Licence Application form
Once you have filled out the application, apply for the marriage licence in person at your nearest Municipal Office.

City of Sarnia
City Clerkís Office - 2nd Floor, 255 N. Christina Street, Sarnia
Telephone: 332-0330 Ext. 350
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday)

Make sure you and your partner bring identification, such as a birth certificate (along with any change of name certificates), current passport, Record of Immigrant Landing or Canadian citizenship card, along with photo identification to prove your current legal name and age.

There is a fee for purchasing a marriage licence. Contact your Ontario Municipal Office for the current fee.
The marriage licence is valid anywhere in Ontario for three months from the date of purchase. 
 If the licence expires, it will not be valid and you will have to purchase another licence.
List of Lambton County Municipalities

After you are married
Apply for a Marriage Certificate

For information on how to apply for your Marriage Certificate after the wedding visit the
 Province of Ontario Information website

Changing your name?
Once you are married, you may apply to change all your identification
(health card, drivers licence, passport and banking information etc.) with your marriage certificate
You may assume your spouseís/partnerís last name (surname) or a combination of your last name and your
 spouseís/partnerís last name (hyphenated surname)
for more information on changing your name go the the
Province of Ontario Information Website.




Bill Franks Wedding Officiant   519-336-6838